Our client is a market leader in imaging and detection platforms for life science and drug discovery research. This is a fantastic organization with a positive team culture, innovative product line and excellent customer service. Due to continued expansion, they are seeking scientists with expertise in microscopy and live cell imaging to join their FAS team.
The ideal candidate is a Lab Manager, Senior Lab Technician or Postdoc with excellent interpersonal skills, looking for an opportunity to move off the bench into a customer facing role.
- Provide pre-sales support (product demos, technical presentations) and post-sales training and troubleshooting.
- Develop expert knowledge of relevant hardware and software, and stay current on new assays.
- Represent company at vendor shows and present at scientific meetings.
- Travel 50%
- MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or similar
- 2+ years experience in imaging core, HCS lab or similar
- Previous FAS or customer facing experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of fluorescent imaging, confocal and/or widefield microscopy
- Experience with plate based imaging
- Image analysis experience; familiarity with MetaMorph, ImageJ, CellProfiler, etc.
- Experience with microplate readers, robotics and related assays (ELISAs, FP, HTRF, FRET, AlphaScreen, bead based assays) also preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experienced in troubleshooting and training other scientists
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Compensation: Competitive base salary, bonus, car allowance, matching 401k and excellent benefits.